Explore the hamlets of Shirakawago, Hida Furukawa and the famous Takayama on our 9-hour package tour with access to a private vehicle exclusively for you and your fellow travelers. Our English speaking driver will take you first to the World Heritage site of Shirakawago followed by Hida Furukawa and Takayama. Returning to Kanazawa.
- We will collect you from your Hotel or chosen location in Kanazawa in the morning (See departure times)
- Our English speaking driver will take you directly to the UNESCO village of Shirakawa-go. Crossing the spectacular pedestrian bridge above the Sho river, your senses will be filled with the sounds and smells of authentic rural life. This fairy tale village is bound to inspire you as one of Japans most picturesque sites. You will spend 2 hours here, exploring the town and taking in lunch.
- You will then be whisked off to the enchanting canal lined streets of Hida-Furukawa. This beautiful village is often missed by tourists but is by far one of the most intriguing little towns in the Hida region. Once famous for its architecture and carpentry this little town is now home to thousands of resplendent Carp who fill the canals along the Edo era streets*. You will spend an hour here to taking in the sites.
- The Final stretch will be to the world famous town of Takayama, famous for its craftsmanship and rowdy festivals. You will have 2 hours to explore the romantic old town before being whisked back to Kanazawa.
- Our English-speaking driver will return you to your Kanazawa hotel
*The Carp in Hida-Furukawa are removed from end of November to start of April to allow for snow to melt in the canals.
Other Great Tours include:
What Our Customers Say
Minka houses, autumn leaves and great sceneryTaka for Kanazawa walking tours picked me up on time- as he did the first time- I should add this company is excellent- their communication and can do attitude is wonderful- makes planning a trip just so easy and I am a solo traveler and this is a great way to get to lots of places other tourists do not go to. We headed off through the hills seeing the autumn. leaves in all the hills and the mist and we went to some of the smaller Minka house regions so that we had them to ourselves - oh so good. The steam was coming off the thatch as the sun broke through the misty clouds. Taka took me inside one of the houses and we went through all the floors- this was a really great thing to experience., On to Takayama and it was fun to see the old town, experience wonderful Hida beef sushi and the list goes on- great way to wander and see another side of Japan. We went to Hida Furukawa- lovely place- the Koi had been moved that day as the weather was getting cold and they normally swim in the areas around the village but Taka found where they had been moved to and we had fun tracking them down!! It was a very full day and Taka delivered me back to my hotel- great memories, The camera (and the person behind the camera) had so much fun taking photos!!
- Our driver will collect you from your Hotel lobby or stated location within Kanazawa.
- Days Available: Monday to Sunday
- Starting times: 08:00 / 09:00 / 10:00
- Return to your Hotel or desired location in Kanazawa
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English Speaking Driver / Guide
- Private Car
- Round-trip private transfer
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Food and drinks
- Professional Tour Guide