Explore the hamlets of Gokayama and Shirakawago on our 7-hour package tour with access to a private vehicle exclusively for you and your fellow travelers. Our English-speaking driver will take you first to the World Heritage site of Gokayama followed by the UNESCO village of Shirakawago. Try the fairy tale Shirakawago this winter or spring for a once in a life time experience.
- We will collect you from your Hotel or chosen location in Kanazawa in the morning (See departure times)
- Our English speaking driver will take you directly to the hamlet of Gokayama, a beautiful Alpine village along the Sho river where you can walk among the Gasho zukuri style(Hands in prayer) thatched roofs. You will spend 90 minutes here exploring the village and houses. Gokayama is more remote than Shirakawago and so receives less than half of visitors. This UNESCO and Michelin rated location is one not to be missed.
- Next onto the adjacent valley where the UNESCO village of Shirakawago is nestled. You will spend 2 and half hours here, exploring the town and taking in lunch. Crossing the spectacular pedestrian bridge across the Sho river, your senses will be filled with the sounds and smells of authentic rural life. This fairytale village is bound to inspire you as one of Japans most picturesque sites.
- Our English-speaking driver will return you to your Kanazawa hotel.
Other Great Tours include:
Visit our original Videos made to help your decide what season suits you best.
What Our Customers Say
Minka houses, autumn leaves and great sceneryTaka for Kanazawa walking tours picked me up on time- as he did the first time- I should add this company is excellent- their communication and can do attitude is wonderful- makes planning a trip just so easy and I am a solo traveler and this is a great way to get to lots of places other tourists do not go to. We headed off through the hills seeing the autumn. leaves in all the hills and the mist and we went to some of the smaller Minka house regions so that we had them to ourselves - oh so good. The steam was coming off the thatch as the sun broke through the misty clouds. Taka took me inside one of the houses and we went through all the floors- this was a really great thing to experience. On to Takayama and it was fun to see the old town, experience wonderful Hida beef sushi and the list goes on- great way to wander and see another side of Japan. We went to Hida Furukawa- lovely place- the Koi had been moved that day as the weather was getting cold and they normally swim in the areas around the village but Taka found where they had been moved to and we had fun tracking them down!! It was a very full day and Taka delivered me back to my hotel- great memories, The camera (and the person behind the camera) had so much fun taking photos!!
- Our driver will collect you from your Hotel lobby or stated location within Kanazawa.
- Days Available: Monday to Sunday
- Starting times: 08:00 / 09:00 / 10:00
- Return to your Hotel or desired location in Kanazawa
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English Speaking Driver /Guide
- Private Car
- Round-trip private transfer
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Food and drinks
- Professional Tour Guide