Explore the hamlets of Shirakawago, Hida Furukawa and Hida no Sato on our 9-hour package tour with access to a private vehicle exclusively for you and your fellow travelers. Our English speaking driver will take you first to the World Heritage site of Shirakawago followed by Hida Furukawa and then onto the picturesque hamlet of Hida no Sato. Returning to Kanazawa.
- We will collect you from your Hotel or chosen location in Kanazawa in the morning (See departure times)
- Our English speaking driver will take you directly to the UNESCO village of Shirakawago. Crossing the spectacular pedestrian bridge above the Sho river, your senses will be filled with the sounds and smells of authentic rural life. This fairy tale village is bound to inspire you as one of Japans most picturesque sites. You will spend 2 hours here, exploring the town and taking in lunch.
- You will then be whisked off to the enchanting canal lined streets of Hida-Furukawa. This beautiful village is often missed by tourists but is by far one of the most intriguing little towns in the Hida region. Once famous for its architecture and carpentry this little town is now home to thousands of resplendent Carp who fill the canals along the Edo era streets. You will spend an hour here to taking in the sites.
- The Final stretch will be to the beautiful farming village of Hida no Sato, situated just outside Takayama, this little farming village allows you to experience traditional hand crafts and culture. Surrounded on all sides by rolling hills, this picturesque village tells a romantic story of past rural times and cultural habits. You will have 2 hours to explore the village.
- Our English-speaking driver will return you to your Kanazawa hotel.
Other Great Tours include:
What Our Customers Say
Excellent tour with knowledgeable and friendly guideOur guide, Nozomi, quickly worked out what we were interested in and told us a huge amount about not only the places we visited but also Japanese history and culture in general. She took us to a brilliant and properly Japanese lunch spot. She is a very nice person and we would thoroughly recommend the tour, especially if you have a genuine interest in understanding Japan.
- Our driver will collect you from your Hotel lobby or stated location within Kanazawa.
- Days Available: Monday to Sunday
- Starting times: 08:00 / 09:00 / 10:00
- Return to your Hotel or desired location in Kanazawa
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English Speaking Driver / Guide
- Private Car
- Round-trip private transfer
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Food and drinks
- Professional Tour Guide