- Once full payment is made we will allocate resources for the particular tour and a confirmation emailed to you. This is your confirmation of booking. This should be printed and saved for own reference.
- Once you begin your tour, you accept and abide by these terms and conditions.
- We accept no responsibility for incorrect email or inability to deliver email. If your confirmation does not arrive on time or at all, then you must ask us to resend the email confirmation of the tours you have paid for.
- All internet bookings will be confirmed by email.
- We reserve the right to sell any tours reserved without full payment or a deposit.
- It is the responsibility of the passenger to check the accuracy of dates booked upon receipt of their travel documents.
2. Cancellation Policy
- All cancellations must be sent to Kanazawa Tours Ltd in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Cancellation” in the subject line.
- For stand-alone* Full Day and Half Day Tours, refunds are available on deposits up to 48 hours in advance of your tour. Tours cannot be cancelled within 48 hours of the tour. Full payment is expected 48 hours before the agreed tour start time.
- For stand-alone* Private Car Tours refunds are available on deposits up to 72 hours in advance of your tour. Tours cannot be cancelled within 72 hours of the tour. Full payment is expected 72 hours before the agreed tour start time.
- For Bespoke Tours**
- Between 30 and 21 days before departure: 25% of total tour price
- Between 20 and 8 days before departure: 50% of total tour price
- Between 7 days and 48 hours before departure: 75% of total tour price
- Less than 48 hours before departure: 100% of total tour price
- Credit Card processing fee. All refunds are subject to credit card processing fees, these fees are charged by your card supplier and payment processing engine. A maximum of 3.5% will be retained on all refunds issued via credit card.
- Cancellation by Kanazawa Tours Ltd. Kanazawa Tours Ltd reserves the right to cancel any trip at any time if the safety or quality of the trip is judged to be compromised. If a trip must be cancelled for any reason, there will be a prompt and full refund of any monies paid to Kanazawa Tours Ltd less any non-refundable deposits made to third party suppliers. Kanazawa Tours Ltd will not be responsible or liable for deposits, payments and penalties for other services not included in the tour price, such as airline tickets, separate hotel reservations or other items handled by passengers not through Kanazawa Tours Ltd.
- Force Majeure. Kanazawa Tours Ltd. will not be deemed in breach of this agreement or otherwise liable to you, by reason of delay in performance or nonperformance of any of its obligations under this agreement to the extent that any such delay or nonperformance is due to any Force Majeure. “Force Majeure” means any circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation acts of God, terrorist activities, insurrection, explosion, flood, tempest, forceful wind, fire or accident, war or threat of war declared or undeclared, sabotage, civil disturbance, labour strikes, requisition, sickness, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions, and unforeseen circumstances.
3. Itinerary Change For Bespoke Tours**
- There is a 10,000(JPY) per change charge after the itinerary is accepted; all change requests must be made to us in writing by email to email@example.com.
- Changes to an itinerary may result in additional charges depending on the type and scope of the change
- No refund is possible once the trip has commenced
- There will be no refund for unused services, early departures, late arrivals or missed days of your final itinerary.
4. Rescheduling your Tour
- All fully paid tours can be rescheduled to another date with 21 days prior notice of the original booking date. Rescheduling dates may result in additional charges depending on the type and scope of the change.
- There is a 10,000(JPY) administration fee for rescheduling the dates of your tour.
- The Rescheduled date can be made up to 12 months after the original tour is booked.
- Tours that have been rescheduled cannot be cancelled and refunded at a future date.
- There is no travel insurance cover included in the price of your tour.
- We recommend that all passengers purchase comprehensive travel insurance. Included in the policy should be coverage for all travel, trip cancellation/interruption, baggage, accident/life, medical expenses, air ambulance, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage, injury, delay or inconvenience occurring to you. You agree to assume all costs of medical care and transportation that is provided to you, and any minors traveling with you, during the trip. Travel insurance is available at travel agencies or online.
6. Your Obligation and Responsibilities
- You must inform us in writing of any medical condition that requires attention or medication before your tour commences. All allergies or food restrictions relevant to your tour should be declared at booking.
- It is your responsibility to have all necessary visas, passports, permits and certificates required for your selected itinerary as well as any necessary vaccinations and to comply with all applicable laws.
- When you book with us, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid at the time direct to the affected supplier. If you fail to do so, you will be responsible for meeting any claims (including legal costs) subsequently made against us as a result of your actions.
- In the course of our interactions, you may be given the guide or driver’s contact number to assist with the meet-up on the day of the tour. Use of a guide or driver’s contact number outside of the day of the tour without consent is not permitted and will be considered harassment and we reserve the right to cancel the tour with no refund.
- The Japanese way of life is one of enjoying life, relishing and respecting other people’s company. We would ask you to come to our tour with a positive frame of mind, ready to enjoy your adventure with us. At all times you must show courtesy and respect to your driver/guide. Failure to do so may result in you being asked to leave the tour at the management’s discretion.
7. General Travel Conditions
- You must obey the laws of Japan, whilst travelling on our routes. We would ask you to show respect to the many diverse customs that exist in Japan. If you do not do so, we reserve the right to terminate the tour immediately, which would result in immediate cancellation without any refund. It is our representative who will decide to cancel your tour or not and their decision will be final.
- Your appointed Kanazawa Tours Representative may need to make a decision in the interests of safety. It is a condition of bookings that you comply with the authority and decisions of the appointed representative of Kanazawa Tours Ltd. If you do not comply with the said representative and are not compatible with the general enjoyment and wellbeing of members of the tour, we reserve the right to refuse to allow you to continue the tour. In such a case we will not be liable for any refund, compensation or any additional costs incurred by you. We cannot accept liability for the behavior of others on your tour nor if any facilities are curtailed as a result of their actions.
- It is your responsibility to meet your tour guide or driver at arranged points. Because of the nature of the service, Kanazawa Tours Ltd. will not be liable if any service leaves or arrives later than its specified time, even if as a result you miss a connecting service. Kanazawa Tours Ltd. will endeavor to ensure that departure and arrival times are met.
8. Changes by Kanazawa Tours Ltd.
- We reserve the right to change our typical itineraries at any time and at our discretion. As a professional tour operator, we will endeavor to avoid this and if this is necessary, we will substitute alternative arrangements of comparable monetary value.
- We are constantly improving our tours, therefore should attractions open or become open to us, that we feel will enhance your experience of our tours then we reserve the right to include these in your best interests.
- We reserve the right to decrease the price of our tours at any time.
* What is a Stand Alone tour? A stand-alone tour is a product that consists of a single day/ half day tour and has less than three resources*** assigned to it.
** What is a Bespoke tour? A bespoke tour is a tour that involves management and/or the coordination of more than two resources***, and/or multiple days.
***What is a Resource? A resource is a guide, a car, an artisan, an experience.