Explore the hamlets of Gokayama and Shirakawago and the bustling old town of Takayama on our 9-hour package tour with access to a private vehicle exclusively for you and your fellow travelers. Our English speaking driver will take you first to the World Heritage site of Gokayama followed by the UNESCO village of Shirakawago and finally onto Takayama before returning to Kanazawa.
- We will collect you from your Hotel or chosen location in Kanazawa in the morning (See departure times)
- Our English speaking driver will take you directly to the hamlet of Gokayama, a beautiful Alpine village along the Sho river where you can walk among the Gasho zukuri style(Hands in prayer) thatched roofs. You will spend 90 minutes here exploring the village and houses. Gokayama is more remote than Shirakawago and so receives less than half of visitors. This UNESCO and Michelin rated location is one not to be missed
- Next onto the adjacent valley where the UNESCO village of Shirakawa-go is nestled. You will spend 2 and half hours here, exploring the town and taking in lunch. Crossing the spectacular pedestrian bridge across the Sho river, your senses will be filled with the sounds and smells of authentic rural life. This fairy-tale village is bound to inspire you as one of Japans most picturesque sites.
- The Final stretch will be to the world famous town of Takayama, famous for its craftsmanship and rowdy festivals. You will have 2 hours to explore the romantic old town before being whisked back to Kanazawa.
- Our English-speaking driver will return you to your Kanazawa hotel.
What Our Customers Say
- Our driver will collect you from your Hotel lobby or stated location within Kanazawa.
- Days Available: Monday to Sunday
- Starting times: 08:00 / 09:00 / 10:00
- Return to your Hotel or desired location in Kanazawa
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English Speaking Driver /Guide
- Private Car
- Round-trip private transfer
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Food and drinks
- Professional Tour Guide